The AJE Summer Conference will take place on June 23 and 24 at the London Campus of Newcastle University based in the City.
The theme of the conference will be Training v Education and we are calling for papers and presentations around the theme which will cover such topics as:
- Curriculum choices: Pressures from the university, pressure from the industry, pressure from accreditors.
- The future for students: providing a balance between education and training.
- The future for journalism: our part in developing the talent of tomorrow.
- The future for journalism educators and trainers: What will both industry and the academy expect of us.
- Accreditation: should we, can we, do we want to?
This list is not exhaustive and we will consider any paper on the general theme.
We are also intending to hold research networking seminars to allow members to allow members to contact others working in similar fields, proposals so far are for network groups on media history, technology and ethics and regulation. However we will consider proposals for different or additional groups.