AJE Winter Conference – January 19, 2018, City University of London. Abstract deadline: Nov 6, 2017.
The conference theme is sustainable learning, teaching and research in journalism education.
We are calling for papers and presentations around the theme which will cover such topics as:
- Designing sustainable curriculum for the future: what can we do now to ensure our students are prepared for the challenges and opportunities in the future? How does the curriculum position the role of journalism today and in the future? How do we embed entrepreneurial skills?
- Sustainable assessment approaches: Creating assessments that meet hopes and expectations of students and prepare them adequately for future work and lifelong learning; Preparing students for a changing world of work and a changing expectation of news consumers.
- Research in journalism education: methodological approaches to researching journalism and journalism education; Developing research bids; Pedagogical approaches in journalism education.
- Future opportunities and challenges for journalism educators: How do journalism educators prepare for a changing world where knowledge and practice are key? How is that balance achieved?
- Journalism education in a global context: What best practice is emerging for learning and teaching where cohorts of journalism students are made up of individuals from different countries, cultures and traditions? Preparing students to work across borders.
This list is not exclusive and we will consider any paper on the general theme.
Please send proposals for papers or presentations as 250 word abstracts to AJE at email@example.com by October 20, 2017 for consideration.